Go see it at: Geneva Motor Show (also click title for Pravda slideshow link)
When: March 6 - 16, 2008
"...engineered by Esoro - What you dream is what you get."
"...The real challenge however was to create a submersible car that moves like a fish in water."
From Website: "PRESS RELEASE" http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/14/geneva-08-preview-rinspeed-squba-concept-for-the-spy-who-lov/
- Big guy at Rinspeed: Frank M. Rinderknecht
- Inspiration: Lotus Elise in 1977 James Bond movie 'The Spy Who Loved Me'.
- Rinspeed: Founded in 1979
- sQuba Development time: 30 years;
- sQuba Production time: 6 months from initial concepts to reality by Esoro
- Specs: 1st amphibious submersible luxury sport car
- Exterior Foil Skin: from Wetzel Processing Group, Hornschuch, & Foliatec
- Interior Elements: salt-water resistant, Mother of Pearl & diamond-plated non- slip abrasive inlays from Strähle + Hess and KGS Diamond
- Emissions: environmentally friendly car with ZERO emissions.
- Propulsion: two propellers, pair of Seabob jet drives, 2 electric motors
- Inside Environment: oxygen is provided through an integrated Scuba-like system
- Submersible Range: does best to 33 ft./ (10m)
- Encapsulated: open cockpit
- Land Motor: electric
- Batteries: rechargeable Lithium-Ion
3. Video: http://www.i4u.com/article13718.html